*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Over the past few decades, the way we work has shifted fundamentally. In the average workplace there are now a whole suite of digital skills that new employees are expected to have, right off the bat.
Whatever industry you’re destined for, it’s vital to understand how to operate in the new digital workplace.
This course gives you a solid grounding in a whole suite of digital communication tools that are now used across most workplaces. Get to grips with popular platforms and programs used for file sharing, task management, shared text editing, video conferencing and casual communication, along with many other applications. Become a digital native – and walk into your next job work-ready.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Investigate common file sharing tools commonly used in the workplace
- Examine and select appropriate document and collaboration tools for the workplace
- Explain best practice for using voice and video conferencing tools
- Distinguish between internal and external online communication tools
- File sharing tools
- Document and collaboration tools
- Voice & video conferencing tools
- Internal/External Online Communication tools
How does it work ?
By completing online activities and an assessment, the earner of this credential showed that they know how to collaborate and communicate in the modern workplace, by using popular digital tools to share files, manage tasks, video conference, edit documents and communicate using digital chat programs.