No matter what field you work in, good communication is at the heart of everything you do. The ability to convey ideas precisely, understanding where others are coming from, and to clarify when things aren't clear are essential to maintaining good working relations - and vital if you want to rise through the ranks.
- Listen and respond in an appropriate manner
- Have a constructive conversation
- Recognise different styles of communication
- Tailor verbal communication based on audience and when working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Consider implications of body language when verbally communicating
Module 1: The art of conversing
Module 2: Active listening
Module 3: Having constructive conversation
Module 4: Adapting your communication
Module 5: Conversation from start to end
Through online activities and submissions, and a short questionnaire, and a practical demonstration, the earner of this credential showed their knowledge of active listening, conversational styles and body language, along with an understanding of the sensitivities of communicating with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.