Intrapreneurship: Negotiating the System
Why take this cred?
This is the second micro-credential in The Intrapreneur's Roadmap cluster. We recommend having completed Making the Business Case before enrolling in this.
Sometimes, having the idea is the easy bit: the challenge is getting people to listen never mind convincing an entire organisation. Ultimately, the people who end up creating real innovation are the ones who understand the ins and outs of how their company works, so they can navigate its power dynamics and get the right people on board.
This course gives you the fundamental skills you'll need to understand the structure, hierarchy and culture of an organisation so you can cut through the bureaucratic red tape, build support and find allies for your bright idea.
- Recognising how change happens within an organisation
- Identifying who to appeal to and when
- Identifying Institutional inertia
- Recognising corporate hierarchy and "carry on? incentives
- Identifying those who prefer playing by the rules and dislike disruptions to business as usual
Module 1: Know the environment
Module 2: Know the players
Module 3: Build the community
Module 4: Put into action
Complete the following activities:
- Identify organisational culture
- Recognise the Intrapreneurs
- Know thy self
- Final assessment