Why take this cred?
The Data Literacy credential sits within the Digital Literacy stack. This stack is designed as a tool to support lifelong learning; to prepare you for living, learning and working in a digital society.
These days just about every organisation has a large stash of customer data at its fingertips and as some recent high-profile cases have shown, misuse of information can quickly create a public relations disaster. Now, more than ever, companies are looking for employees they can trust absolutely to properly manage their data.
This course gives you a grounding in the security and legal considerations around how personal data can be collected, stored and used, and the fundamentals on properly managing data in to safeguard privacy, confidentiality and copyright.
- an understanding of the benefits and risks associated with the use of data in professional and public life
- an understanding of how personal and corporate data may be collected, stored and accessed
- an understanding of legal, ethical and security considerations in data collection and use
- Manage and use information ethically and legally, respecting privacy, confidentiality and copyright
- using digital tools to manage personal and corporate data
- using digital tools to interpret and report data in personal and professional contexts
- ethical and safe use of personal and corporate data
By completing project tasks and online assessment the earner of this credential showed an understanding of the benefits and risks associated with data usage. They also demonstrated knowledge of responsible data management ? from how it should be collected, stored and accessed, to the ethical, security and legal ramifications around its acquisition and use.