Planning a Project
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Project management: it’s a skill that’s constantly in demand, in in just about any organisation or industry you care to name. And to master it you have to become adept with one of the most important aspects of project management, the part that sets a venture up for success or dooms it to failure – the planning.
This course gives you a solid grounding in the fundamentals of project planning. Learn to assess the purpose and scope of a project, working out exactly what needs to be delivered and when, so you can plot out a realistic schedule that gets the job done. You’ll also get acquatined with up-to-date project planning software, so that you can hit the ground running when you start your next undertaking.
- Identify and record the purpose of a project
- Identify and record the scope of a project
- List and describe the process involved in planning a project
- Identify and record the objectives of a project
- Understanding a project: What traits define a project
- Time management and its relevance
- Scoping a project: What needs to get done
- Prioritizing tasks: What gets done first
- Committing to a plan: Let’s write it down
By completing online activities, including quizzes and a case study analysis, the earner of this credential showed an understanding of how to plan out a project by identifying its purpose, scope and objectives, and shown an awareness of the steps involved in planning a project.