*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Across every industry, issues around sexual harassment and consent have been coming under increasing scrutiny. Employers are looking to build safe, respectful work environments - and they expect their employees to understand appropriate behaviour to act accordingly.
In both work and private life, understanding basic concepts around consent, communication and respect is vital - and this credential arms you with the knowledge needed to create a safer environment for everyone. Learn skills to minimise the risk of contributing towards sexual assault and harassment, including what makes for appropriate and respectful behaviour, what does and does not constitute sexual consent, and how to intervene safely in difficult situations.
- Define sexual consent and how to seek it.
- Identify circumstances where consent is not possible.
- Understand the importance of respectful relationships, good communication, clear boundaries and mutual respect.
- Gain an understanding of positive bystander intervention and learn how to intervene safely in difficult situations.
Module 1: Thinking about consent
Module 2: Communication skills and relationships
Module 3: Looking out for others
Module 4: Support
Assessment and activities include:
- Activity: Practice Scenario 1
- Activity: Practice Scenario 2
- Activity: Practice Scenario 3
- Final assessment quiz