*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
To be successful in today's globalised workforce, employees who can understand, communicate and embrace cultural diversity will be highly valued by employers.
By undertaking this credential you will reflect on how an Australian multicultural workforce has been created and how we can continue to adapt to this model.
You will learn to recognise the different stages of cultural adaptation which include culture shock and reverse culture shock along with identifying ways to effectively assimilate into a new culture.
This credential is developed in partnership with SBS.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Identify the different stages of cultural adaptation
- Recognise that culture shock can be expressed in various ways
- Provide examples of culture shock and reverse culture shock
- Identify measures that facilitate a smooth transition through the stages of cultural adaptation
- Gain an insight into the changing values of Australia
Module 1: Stages of cultural adaptation
Module 2: How to adapt to a new culture
Module 3: Assimilating into Australia
How does it work ?
- Complete a quiz 'Cultural adaptation core concepts'
- Complete a quiz 'Australia by the numbers'
- Complete a final assessment