Problem Solving in Business
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
No matter what industry you're planning on going into, effective problem solving is an essential skill - one that improves all aspects of your work, and makes you an invaluable asset to an employer.
This credential teaches the fundamentals of problem solving, and applies them in a practical way to a range of typical business problems. You'll learn how to gather evidence, use creative techniques to come up with approaches, and use logical testing methods to trial possible solutions before settling on a final course of action.
This credential was developed in partnership with Capgemini.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Identify the benefits of problem-solving principles in business
- Accurately and completely define a problem in a business context (using the SCQR framework)
- Evaluate and recommend a specific solution to a business problem
Module 1: What is problem-solving?
Module 2: Structured thinking
Module 3: Hypothesis-driven generation
How does it work ?
Assessment and activities include:
- Online activities and submissions
- A final peer reviewed submission utilising provided templates