Gender Equal Workplaces
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
It's a fundamental notion: we all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. In today's workplaces, businesses are looking for employees that can help build and maintain an environment of equality between the sexes. They're actively seeking people who understand how to create and be part of a non-discriminatory, harmonious office culture, where everyone is valued.
Through this course you'll explore about the root causes of gender inequality in the workplace, and learn about the issues and conflict that inequality creates. You'll gain practical strategies for creating a more respectful, healthy and harmonious workplace; one where everyone feels respected and has access to the same opportunities no matter their gender.
- Describe the role gender inequality plays in the workplace
- Develop strategies to address barriers to, and create opportunities for, gender equality in the workplace
- Identify benefits to promoting gender equity
- Recognise ways to promote gender equity
- Identify tools that support gender equality in the workplace
- Identifying gender inequality in the workplace
- Benefits of gender equality - the business case for gender equity
- Promoting gender equity in the workplace
- Identifying the tools that can be used to promote gender equity
- Sexual Harassment (providing a link to prevention)
By completing online assessment activities and a case study, the earner of this credential showed an understanding of the root causes of gender inequality in organisations, the negative effects that inequality can have on a workplace, and gained a suite of strategies that can be applied to promote a more respectful and equitable environment.