High Performing Team Behaviours
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
The sad fact is that many teams in workplaces are dysfunctional to lesser or greater extents – with issues around trust, communication and accountability damaging their effectiveness and morale. But it doesn’t have to be that way: armed with a little insight and some practical techniques, any team can be made more cohesive and productive.
This course gives you strategies for tackling the underlying issues that simmer beneath the surface of many teams. You’ll learn techniques for fostering trust, communication and accountability, and find out how to increase productivity, by helping team members step out of a defensive mindset and focus on the goals of the team.
High Performing Team Behaviours has been developed in collaboration with EY.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Describe and discuss the behaviors within the High Performing Teams framework
- Present strategies for building trust within a team
- Create an environment that where team members feel comfortable in expressing their point of view
- Appraise the clarity and the commitment of team members and the team as a whole
- Assess team accountability as well as achievement of intended outcomes for the team
- Healthy Conflict
- Providing constructive feedback when required
- Devise a strategy for dealing with conflict and team feedback mechanisms
How does it work ?
By completing online activities and assessments, the earner of this credential demonstrated an understanding of the key issues that can create dysfunction in a team, and showed knowledge of the strategies that can be used to remedy them.