Communicating with Confidence
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Advancing your career requires more than raw skill and talent: you also need to be an effective communicator. Knowing how to convey your ideas clearly and confidently is vital – as is understanding how to be assertive while remaining respectful.
This course arms you with everything you need to communicate with confidence in any organisation, with strategies for identifying and managing the different communication styles you’re likely to encounter in the workplace. Gain skills for communicating clearly and respectfully, and learn techniques for dealing with more difficult situations, including how to manage your emotions during challenging conversations.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Investigate communication styles
- Analyse your communication style
- Create strategies for being assertive
- Identify and select appropriate strategies for controlling emotions
- Explore techniques for communicating with more confidence
- Communication styles
- Articulating yourself in a clear fashion
- Confidence to express opinions – critical thinking, being respectful, selfreflection/awareness
- Controlling your emotions
- Being assertive
How does it work ?
By completing online activities and an assessment, the earner of this credential showed that they know how to communicate confidently and control their emotions in a professional environment. They’ve demonstrated they understand how to present clearly and respectfully, have learnt techniques for handling high-emotion conversations.