*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Having the right skills, experience and qualifications is only half the challenge when it comes to making the next step in a career - being able to effectively communicate your value as a collaborator and team member is just as important.
From the moment a potential employer picks up your job application, you've got about 30 seconds to make an impression - so knowing how to put together an impressive application package is vital.
By undertaking this credential you'll gain the tools to help you craft job applications that successfully showcase your attributes and experience, each tailored to show an individual employer how you match up with the position you're applying for.
You'll also learn how to prepare an effective self-introduction, making for a smooth, and professional application process.
- Recognise and identify 21st century skills
- Align skills and experience by preparing an 'Introduction to Self'
- Create an appropriate structure and format for a profile (Resume and LinkedIn)
- Apply the STAR model to the application process
Module 1: 21st century skills
Module 2: Introducing yourself
Module 3: Crafting a resume that stands out
Module 4: LinkedIn
Module 5: The value of the STAR model
Assessments and activities include:
- Quizzes and online activities
- Video pitch or written pitch to an employer
- A LinkedIn checklist
- Two written examples showing an ability to address selection criteria