Building a Team
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Of all the challenges you can face in the workplace, managing a team can be one of the toughest. All too often, small frictions, personality differences and lack of trust can turn a team of skilled individuals into a dysfunctional, unproductive mess. So when you’re building a team, having a fundamental understanding of team relationships and dynamics makes all the difference.
This course gives you practical strategies for building a productive team and fostering a collaborative environment, one that encourages teamwork, boosts productivity and gets everyone driving toward the same goal.
Building a Team has been developed in collaboration with EY.
Skills and learning outcomes
- Devise a team communication strategy that includes a plan for sharing information and updates
- Dealing with diverse communication styles
- Appraise and select appropriate team communication tools
- Devise a strategy for dealing with conflict and team feedback mechanisms
- What is a team? Define what a team and what a team isn’t
- Team formation
- Working with Others
- Demonstrate the benefits of diversity and inclusiveness
- Cooperation in action
- Rules of engagement around communication
- Outline the benefits of ‘rules of engagement’ in structuring a team
- Ways we can adjust our style/behaviour to benefit working with others in a team
- Different types of behaviour
How does it work ?
By completing online activities and assessments, the earner of this credential demonstrated an understanding of practical team-building skills, and how to use them to develop a cooperative, close-knit team.