*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
No matter what field you work in, good communication is at the heart of everything you do. The ability to convey ideas precisely, understanding where others are coming from, and to clarify when things aren't clear are essential to maintaining good working relations and vital if you want to rise through the ranks.
By undertaking this credential, you'll gain skills that will set you up for a lifetime of effective communication. You'll learn to listen actively, ask clarifying questions and communicate effectively, particularly when it comes to working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
In order to earn the Constructive Conversations badge you will need to attend the Constructive Conversations workshop once you have completed the online course. Successful completion of the 2 hour workshop will enable you to claim the badge . Details about the workshop can be found within the course.
- Demonstrate the ability to listen and respond in an appropriate manner
- Demonstrate the ability to have a constructive conversation
- Recognise different styles of communication
- Tailor verbal communication based on audience and when working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Consider implications of body language when verbally communicating
- Active Listening
- Asking the right questions
- Having a constructive conversation
- Adapting your communication style
- Non-verbal communication
Through online activities and submissions, and a short questionnaire, the earner of this credential showed their knowledge of active listening, conversational styles and body language, along with an understanding of the sensitivities of communicating with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.