Cross Cultural Communication
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Acquire the skills needed for effective cross cultural communication to excel in the global workforce and in multicultural societies of the 21st Century.
In this micro credential, you will gain foundational knowledge on Hofstede's dimensions of cultures and identify how miscommunication can occur when cultural values differ. You will explore how cultural values affect various modes of communication – including written, verbal and non-verbal expressions.
This credential is developed in partnership with SBS.
Upon successful completion of the micro credential, you will be able to:
- Identify different cultural values
- Modify your cultural communication style to suit the cultural context and company
- Recognise features that influence verbal and non-verbal communication in cultural contexts
- Identify and negate differences and obstacles that may exist in cross cultural communication
- Exploring cultural values
- Investigating the influences of culture on communication
- Tailoring communication styles to various cultural values
The final assessment for this credential is a comprehensive quiz. You will have two attempts to complete it.