Design and Develop an iOS App
In Design and Develop an iOS App, you’ll utilise and apply Apple tools such as UIKit, and apply iOS Human Interface Guidelines. You’ll learn how to build layouts, workflows navigation hierarchies, and views in order to scope, design, and develop your own app.
This course includes three designated App Builds in Weeks 6, 8, and 12. Each app build will be accompanied by a webinar that will be dedicated to working through solutions for these app builds.
After completing an RMIT Future Skills course, you will earn an RMIT credential which can be validated, recognised, and shared on social media platforms.
- Produce error-free code in the iOS Swift language
- Create an app using the Xcode environment
- Create an app using the Model View Controller pattern
- Use AutoLayout for app consistency
- Design and prototype an app to user specifications
- Document code to explain app features
- Create an app that incorporates logic
- Create an app that allows data to be input, updated, and stored between user sessions
For the final project of this course, you can choose from one of two choices:
- Bring your own app idea to create (subject to mentor approval)
- Work on a provided weather app project that displays the current weather conditions.