*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Join this free online module to investigate pressing issues our world is facing and work with your RMIT peers across the globe to implement positive change.
Through this self-paced module, you will learn more about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), created in 2015 to end poverty, reduce inequalities and tackle climate change.
You will then select one goal to focus on and will interact with peers across the world to exchange different perspectives and ideas, before planning how you will step up as active global citizens and commit to action in the workplace, your personal life, and in the community.
In learning these skills, you will be able to help future employers be more ethical and sustainable.
You will become Global Citizens, individuals who see the world as one interconnected community, who embrace their social responsibility for the benefit of all societies across the globe, and actively work to make our planet more sustainable, socially fair, and peaceful.
You can start this micro-credential at any time of the year and complete it at your own pace.
Upon completion, you will earn a verified RMIT Cred badge which you can add on your CV, embed in your LinkedIn profile, and add to your career portfolio.
Feedback from participants
- "I find myself a step closer towards understanding a greater array of problems that requires much more attention and it ultimately pushed myself to strive and contribute for the society and community as an individual and as a whole."
- "I was relatively unaware of the Sustainable Development Goals and now not only better understand their significance, but more importantly, better understand my role in making them happen."
- “Thank you for curating a fantastic course and connecting us with global peers. I was worried about taking on additional work on top of my studies but it was manageable and enjoyable.”
Skills and learning outcomes
The Global Citizenship micro-credential is designed to help you improve your sustainability, learn more about the United Nation’s SDGs and become an ethical global citizen.
During this micro-credential, you will:
- Identify current applicability of an SDG and the need for rapid action that can be taken.
- Create a roadmap to step outwards and collaborate more effectively with diverse networks.
- Reflect upon when you have been able to challenge your preconceptions and better inform people’s perspectives.
- Critically analyse and test how you live and maintain their values and integrity.
- Reflect upon your ability to step up as active global citizens and commit to action on the global issue you are passionate about.
How does it work ?
The micro-credential offers rich resources, suggested activities and peer discussion.
By completing online activities and assessments you will develop relevant skills and prepare an action plan to address one of the Sustainable Development goals.
On successful completion of the micro-credential, you will be certified by RMIT Creds and earn the Global Citizenship digital badge and certificate to highlight your new skills on your CV, LinkedIn profile, or your portfolio.