Interview and Selection Package
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
No matter what your career goal is, there's one thing that's certain: you'll need to understand the selection process to achieve it.
And unless you're naturally calm and good at pitching yourself in stressful situations, interviews can be challenging. It doesn't matter how good your application is - if you fall apart in the interview, you're not getting the job.
This credential gives you access to the the basics of interview survival: how to present yourself confidently, answer common interview questions, implement interview strategies, and even how to negotiate aspects of your employment and understand the selection process.
This credential is an introductory course which earns you a Progress Badge. A progress badge is awarded a Certificate of Achievement which can be downloaded as a PDF document. A Progress Badge can go towards achieving a Digital Badge.
- Recognise the different selection phases
- Implement different interviewing strategies
- Articulate responses for common interview questions
- Confidently present yourself to potential employers
- Step through the assessment centre process
- Build awareness of psychometric testing within the selection process
- Practice the art of negotiation
Module 1: The recruitment and selection phases
Module 2: Preparing for an interview
Module 3: Psychometric testing
Module 4: Assessment centres
Module 5: Negotiating a job offer
Assessment and activities included:
- A 2-3 minute video responding to an interview question
- A self-reflective piece summarising strategies that will be employed for interviews
- Self-assessed readiness checklist before and after completed the module