Building Cultural Intelligence
*This credential is only available to current RMIT students
Cultural Intelligence (CQ) is rapidly becoming one of the most sought-after skills by employers.
Develop it at your own pace online for free while connecting with peers across the globe.
In today's globalised world, our society and most workplaces are a mix of many cultures, and it has become increasingly important to hire people who can work effectively across the subtle cultural barriers that can otherwise create misunderstandings and inefficiency.
This online micro-credential was created in partnership with leading companies and organisations (Google, EY and more), to help students better connect, communicate and work with people who are different from them by developing the following skills:
- Cultural Intelligence
- Active Listening
- Cross-cultural communication
- Inclusive leadership
When completing this Cred, you will reflect on your own cultural backgrounds, lived experiences, and the challenges of collaborating in cross-cultural and diverse environments.
You will develop strategies for understanding different perspectives while interacting online with peers from varied cultural backgrounds, ages, experiences, identities, and world views.
You can start this micro-credential at any time of the year and complete it at your own pace.
Upon completion, you will earn a verified RMIT Cred badge which you can add on your CV, embed in your LinkedIn profile, and add to your career portfolio.
Feedback from participants
- "This program is one of the best online modules I have ever undertaken as it gave me a great insight into Cultural Intelligence and how we can become an effective leader with our defined core and flex. I recommend that everyone do this to help them become global leaders."
- "I really enjoyed this module and learned a lot. It was very valuable to learn more about my fellow participants and understand their experiences and points of view.”
- “Thank you for the opportunity to learn more about myself, but more importantly, how to challenge and become more aware of my surroundings and the beautiful and diverse people who are in it.”
By registering for this module, you will develop your ability to better connect, communicate and work with people who are different from you.
During this micro-credential, you will:
- Analyse, evaluate and articulate the implications of diversity based on your own experiences.
- Recognise the role of your own values and behaviour in response to different cultural experiences.
- Reflect on past experiences through a cultural intelligence lens.
- Create a roadmap for developing further culture intelligence.
- Ask questions of peers to uncover and reflect on cultural differences.
The micro-credential offers rich resources, suggested activities and peer discussion.
The final assessment involves unpacking the cultural intelligence skills you have learned and articulating how you will put them into practice going forward.
On successful completion of the micro-credential, you will be certified by RMIT Creds and earn the Building Cultural Intelligence digital badge and certificate to highlight your new skills on your CV, LinkedIn profile, or your portfolio.