Ali Bab-Hadiashar is an internationally recognised researcher in the computer vision and intelligent robotics areas. His research is primarily in the field of computer vision and autonomous systems involving brake-by-wire systems for new generation vehicle technologies, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for environmental surveillance, and robot systems for advanced manufacturing.
- Established author with highly cited papers in prestigious journals and conferences
- Published several articles in prestigious journals including IEEETIP, IEEETIE, IJCV, Patter Recognition, and IEEETVT .
- Published highly cited papers: more than 5 papers with more than 30 citations on GoogleScholar
- More than 300 Scopus citations (with h_index of 8)
- More than 700 Googlescholar citations (with h_index of 13)
- Recipient of 6 Australian Research Council National Competitive Grants (3 as the first CI)
- Founding participant and a member of the technical and executive committees of the Research Centre for Advanced By-Wire Technologies (RABiT) 2002-2007 - set up by a Victorian Government Science and Technology Initiative grant of 4.7M
- Successful supervision of several PhD candidates (7 to completion)
Publications can be found on Google Scholar.
Ali Bab-Hadiashar is a professor of Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics in the School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Bab-Hadiashar has been very active and successful in all aspects of academia including administration, teaching and research. He is an internationally recognised researcher in the area of computer vision and intelligent robotics. His work has resulted in technological achievements and research papers which have been recognised internationally by his peers. Bab-Hadiashar has also made significant contributions to developing and establishing the Robotics and Mechatronics Engineering programs, both locally and internationally.
BSc (Engg) Tehran, MES (Engg) Syd, PhD Monash
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Monash University (1997-1999)
- Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (1999-2001)
- Senior Lecturer, Swinburne University of Technology (2002-2004)
- Associate Professor, Swinburne University of Technology (2004-2011)
- Senior member of IEEE since 2005
- Member of organisation committee, program committee and invited speaker of international conferences including ICIP, ACCV, ACRA, ICINCO and IScIDE.
- FIEAust (invited 2008 - not active)
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2016). Multi-Bernoulli sensor selection for multi-target tracking with unknown clutter and detection profiles In: Signal Processing, 119, 28 - 42
- Tennakoon, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Cao, Z.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Suter, D. (2016). Robust model fitting using higher than minimal subset sampling In: IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 38, 350 - 362
- Dadashnialehi, A.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Cao, Z.,Kapoor, A. (2015). Intelligent sensorless antilock braking system for brushless in-wheel electric vehicles In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 62, 1629 - 1638
- Hadian Jazi, M.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2015). Statistical analysis of three-dimensional optical flow separability in volumetric images In: IET Computer Vision, 9, 895 - 902
- Fu, C.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Nakhaie Jazar, G. (2015). Electric vehicle side-slip control via electronic differential In: International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems, 13, 1 - 26
- Fu, C.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Nakhaie Jazar, G. (2015). Direct yaw moment control for electric and hybrid vehicles with independent motors In: International Journal of Vehicle Design, 69, 1 - 24
- Rathnayake, T.,Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2015). Labeled multi-bernoulli track-before-detect for multi-target tracking in video In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION 2015), Washington DC, United States, 6-9 July 2015
- Khayyam, H.,Naebe, M.,Bab-Hadiashar, A.,Jamshidi, F.,Li, Q.,Atkiss, S.,Buckmaster, D.,Fox, B. (2015). Stochastic optimization models for energy management in carbonization process of carbon fiber production In: Applied Energy, 158, 643 - 655
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2015). Multi-bernoulli sensor control via minimization of expected estimation errors In: IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 51, 1762 - 1773
- Khodadadian Gostar, A.,Hoseinnezhad, R.,Bab-Hadiashar, A. (2014). Information theoretic approach to robust multi-Bernoulli sensor control In: Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing (SSP 2014), Gold Coast, Australia, 29 June - 2 July 2014
- Visual intelligence for safe vehicle operation in industrial environment. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2019)
- Crowd tracking and visual analytics for rapidly deployable imaging devices. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2016 from (2016 to 2019)
- Intelligent Collision Avoidance System for Mobile Industrial Platforms. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant 2013 from (2013 to 2016)
- Improved image analysis: maximised statistical use of geometry/shape constraints. Administered by University of Adelaide.. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects via other University Grant pre-2014 from (2013 to 2015)
- Statistical Methods of Model Fitting and Segmentation in Computer Vision. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2008 from (2008 to 2011)
3 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions