As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach.
Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Car safety research is a natural fit 20/10/2014A project researching the role of nature in automotive safety has won RMIT's Three Minute Thesis competition.
- How can architecture rebuild devastated communities? 17/10/2014A new book by an RMIT academic charts the development of humanitarian architecture around the world.
- Report reveals poor attitudes to violence against women 14/10/2014Australian attitudes to violence against women remain a serious issue and are indicative of institutionalised sexism, a report has found.
- These Compulsive Behaviours - Part 4, RE:EVOLUTION 24/10/2014RESONANCE, an interactive audiovisual tabletop artwork developed at RMIT University, will feature at the Melbourne Festival.
- Melbourne Knowledge Week: PERSONA-lise 27/10/2014Unveil your game persona in Persona-lise, a workshop designed for those interested in gamification and understanding how to personalise its approach.
- HIRi Seminar Series - Professor Nigel Bunnett 28/10/2014Professor Bunnett will present new information showing that receptors can signal from the endosomal system to induce pain and inflammation.