As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach.
Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Research mimics brain cells to boost memory power 01/10/2014Researchers have brought ultra-fast, nano-scale data storage within striking reach, using technology that mimics the human brain.
- Study examines electricity use in family life 01/10/2014Families around Australia are needed to take part in RMIT research to better understand how electricity is used in households with children.
- Researchers working to track RMIT’s carbon footprint 24/09/2014A major research project will help RMIT staff and students monitor and compare their full carbon footprints across work, study and travel.
- PhD Juice Bar presents 42nd Street. Urban Scenography 02/10/2014Design and architecture create artificial realities and can be understood as control systems for our experiences of the world.
- The Turn Series: The Public Turn 08/10/2014The Public Turn sets a place at the table for a conversation about public space as the site of research for design, the humanities and art.
- PhD Juice Bar presents Environmentally Responsible Architecture 09/10/2014Martyn Hook’s practice is dedicated to the creation of sustainable buildings with a responsible environmental and social agenda.