As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- RMIT projects shortlisted for Premier’s Design Awards 27/08/2014From a collaboration with Circus Oz to a new digital survey platform, a range of RMIT projects are finalists in the Premier's Design Awards.
- Exertion Games Lab excels on the world stage 26/08/2014A team of researchers from RMIT University are making waves in the world of interactive gaming.
- Laser technique offers nano breakthrough 22/08/2014Researchers have uncovered a new way of using lasers to directly write patterns onto special crystals, in a nanotechnology breakthrough.
- PhD Juice Bar presents Create your 3D SpaceWalk! 28/08/2014SpaceWalk is a low-cost experimental platform that enables participants to experience full-body immersion in virtual reality.
- A Wicked Turn: Interdisciplinarity in Practice 10/09/2014Eat soup, break bread, drink wine and share conversation across the table.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Professor Lyn Griffiths 30/09/2014Professor Lyn Griffiths from the Queensland University of Technology will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.