As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- UN-RMIT agreement boosts urban sustainability 20/08/2014A new agreement between the United Nations Global Compact and RMIT will strengthen efforts to tackle the world's urban challenges.
- Early career researcher wins Phillip Law Prize 19/08/2014A Senior Research Fellow at RMIT has been awarded the 2014 Phillip Law Postdoctoral Award for Physical Sciences.
- Podcast: The history of drugs in sport 15/08/2014RMIT's Dr Oliver Jones explains the science and history behind performance enhancing drugs in a new Talking Health podcast.
- PhD Juice Bar 21/08/2014Dr Humbert uses data visualization to provide a multidisciplinary overview of topological tools that nature uses to generate life.
- An activist in the archives: Scorsese as film historian 21/08/2014In this public lecture, film scholar Ian Christie looks at Martin Scorsese's practices on and in film.
- The politics of sex 22/08/2014Professor Linda Brennan presents in the Centre for Communication, Politics and Culture, Shortcuts to Research Seminar Series.