- Public policy
- Property Rights
I am a regular contributor to public debate with opinion pieces having appeared in The Age, The Australian, Australian Financial Review, The Conversation, Daily Telegraph, The Drum, Sydney Morning Herald, and Wall Street Journal Asia.
I am also a regular commentator in both radio and television.
Various subjects in Economics and Finance at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- BCom, BCom(Hons), MCom (Wits), PhD, Grad Cert T&L (RMIT)
- Davidson, S.,Potts, J. (2017). The stationary bandit model of intellectual property In: Cato Journal, 37, 69 - 88
- Berg, C.,Davidson, S. (2017). "Stop this greed": The tax-avoidance political campaign in the OECD and Australia In: Econ Journal Watch, 14, 77 - 102
- Davidson, S.,Li, L. (2017). Taxation in a mixed economy: the case of China In: Studies in Economics and Finance, 34, 49 - 61
- Xu, X.,Vikash, V.,Moosa, I.,Davidson, S. (2016). An application of the information-adjusted noise model to the Shenzhen stock market In: International Journal of Managerial Finance, 12, 71 - 91
- Davidson, S.,Potts, J. (2016). A new institutional approach to innovation policy In: Australian Economic Review, 49, 200 - 207
- Davidson, S.,Potts, J. (2016). The social costs of innovation policy In: Economic Affairs, 36, 282 - 293
- Berg, C.,Davidson, S. (2016). Section 18C, human rights, and media reform: An institutional analysis of the 2011-13 Australian free speech debate In: Agenda, 23, 5 - 30
- Davidson, S. (2015). Free trade and its exceptions: Do they apply to Australia today? In: Policy, 31, 39 - 44
- Davidson, S. (2014). Why is privatisation so controversial? In: Policy, 30, 18 - 22
- Davidson, S. (2014). Environmental protest: an economics of regulation approach In: Australian Environment Review, 29, 283 - 286
- Enhancing the investment environment in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economics. Funded by: AusAID Public Sector Linkages Program from (2013 to 2015)
- Does Australian Corporate Taxation Matter?. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2007 from (2007 to 2009)
- Does the diversification penalty crowd out R&D value?. Funded by: Academic Research Grant from (2006 to 2006)
- Do Australians firms have a lower propensity to undertake R&D?. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2006 to 2007)
- Economic Reform and Australian Electoral Decision Making. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2004 from (2004 to 2007)
11 PhD Completions and 5 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions