- Public policy
- Property Rights
I am a regular contributor to public debate with opinion pieces having appeared in The Age, The Australian, Australian Financial Review, The Conversation, Daily Telegraph, The Drum, Sydney Morning Herald, and Wall Street Journal Asia.
I am also a regular commentator in both radio and television.
Various subjects in Economics and Finance at both undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- BCom, BCom(Hons), MCom (Wits), PhD, Grad Cert T&L (RMIT)
- Xu, X.,Vikash, V.,Moosa, I.,Davidson, S. (2016). An application of the information-adjusted noise model to the Shenzhen stock market In: International Journal of Managerial Finance, 12, 71 - 91
- Davidson, S.,Potts, J. (2016). A new institutional approach to innovation policy In: Australian Economic Review, 49, 200 - 207
- Davidson, S. (2015). Free trade and its exceptions: Do they apply to Australia today? In: Policy, 31, 39 - 44
- Davidson, S.,De Silva, A. (2014). The plain truth about plain packaging: an econometric analysis of the Australian 2011 Tobacco Plain Packaging Act In: Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, 21, 1 - 5
- Davidson, S. (2014). Why is privatisation so controversial? In: Policy, 30, 18 - 22
- Davidson, S. (2014). Environmental protest: an economics of regulation approach In: Australian Environment Review, 29, 283 - 286
- Byford, M.,Davidson, S. (2013). Informing depositors: a proposed reform of the Australian banking sector In: Economic Papers: A Journal of Applied Economics and Policy, 32, 417 - 425
- Davidson, S.,De Silva, A. (2013). Stimulating savings: An analysis of cash handouts in Australia and the United States In: Agenda: A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, 20, 39 - 57
- Davidson, S. (2012). Treasury forecasts of company tax revenue: Back of the envelope or back to the drawing board? In: Agenda: A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, 19, 53 - 61
- Davidson, S. (2012). The limits of property and freedom In: International Trade and Business Law Review, 15, 385 - 393
- Enhancing the investment environment in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Economics. Funded by: AusAID Public Sector Linkages Program from (2013 to 2015)
- Does Australian Corporate Taxation Matter?. Funded by: ARC Discovery 2007 from (2007 to 2009)
- Does the diversification penalty crowd out R&D value?. Funded by: Academic Research Grant from (2006 to 2006)
- Do Australians firms have a lower propensity to undertake R&D?. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Grant pre-2014 from (2006 to 2007)
- Economic Reform and Australian Electoral Decision Making. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2004 from (2004 to 2007)
10 PhD Completions and 5 Masters by Research Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions