Dr Huang is senior lecturer at School of Management. He has received his PhD from Monash University, and his Masters of Engineering from Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST). He has spent three years as Post-doctoral Research Fellow at Small and Medium Enterprise Research Centre at Edith Cowan University.
Dr Huang was the Founding Director of China-Australia Business Research Centre at Edith Cowan University from 2007 to 2010. His research focuses on strategic management, innovation management, and Chinese investment in Australia. He has published over forty referred academic papers and articles in leading international journals, including Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Advertising Research, and R&D Management. He has also provided consulting services and training programs to many Australian and Chinese firms.
Dr Huang’s teaching interest includes strategic management, business research methods, and international business. He was Deputy Director of Australia-China Iron and Steel Industry Training Centre between 1990 and 1995, and Chinese Director of RMIT – WUST Program, and Head of Department of Business at WUST in 1996. He is adjunct professor at Wuhan University of Science and Technology.
- Huang, X. (2016). Corporate governance in Chinese-controlled subsidiaries In: Managing Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment, Palgrave Macmillan, New York, United States
- Huang, X.,Zhu, Y. (2016). Managing Chinese outward foreign direct investment, Palgrave Macmillan, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Huang, X. (2015). The impact of strategic market entry considerations on the financial performance of Chinese investment in the Australian mining industry In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 57, 323 - 339
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2015). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia In: Chinese Investment in Australia, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
- Zhou, S.,Huang, X. (2014). How Chinese 'snake' swallows Western 'elephant': A case study of Lenovo's acquisition of IBM PC Division In: Journal of International Business and Economy, 15, 23 - 50
- Huang, X. (2014). Chinese private firms' outward direct investment: Do a firm's ownership and size matter? In: Thunderbird International Business Review, 56, 393 - 406
- Zhou, S.,Huang, X. (2014). The novel of Chinese `Snake` swallowing Western `Elephant` in the case of Lenovo acquired IBM PCD In: Proceedings of The 13th International Business and Economy Conference (IBEC 2014), Tianjin, China, 9-12 January 2014
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). How and why engage community in the Australian mining industry? Combining institutional and stakeholder perspectives In: Proceedings of the 28th Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, ANZAM 2014: Reshaping Management for Impact, Sydney, Australia, 3-5 December 2014
- Huang, X.,Staples, W. (2014). Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: practices and benefits In: Australia China Council Melbourne, Australia
- Staples, W.,Huang, X. (2013). Corporate governance in China: An institutional logics perspective In: Proceedings of the 27th Annual Australia New Zealand Academy of Management Conference, Hobart, 4 - 6 December, 2013
- Regional Australia's Engagement with China in the Asian Century. Funded by: Australia China Council 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Community engagement by Chinese firms in Australia: Practices and benefits. Funded by: Australia China Council from (2013 to 2014)
1 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions