- Model Predictive Control
- System Identification
- Robust Control
- Auto-tuning of PI controllers
- Control of AC motors
- Use of subspace methods in identification and model predictive control.
- Systems and Control applications to biomedical research
- Product quality control for food processes
- Soft sensor design for product quality monitoring
- Professor in Control Theory and its applications.
- Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems.
- Teaching of Advanced Control Systems (EEET 2100).
- Teaching of Real Time Estimation and Control (EEET 2221).
- PhD (Sheffield, UK, 1989)
- April 2005 –current, Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems, RMIT University
- Jan 2007- current, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Jan 2003-December 2006, Associate Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 2002-Dec 2002, Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 1998-Jan 2002, Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator, Centre for Integrated Dynamics and Control, University of Newcastle
- Jan 1995-Jan 1998, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- April 1992-Dec 1994, Research Associate, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- Australian Power Academy
- Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- Aryani, D.,Wang, L.,Patikirikorala, T. (2017). On identification of Hammerstein and Wiener model with application to virtualised software system In: International Journal of Systems Science, 48, 1146 - 1161
- Wang, L.,Freeman, C.,Rogers, E. (2016). Predictive iterative learning control with experimental validation In: Control Engineering Practice, 53, 24 - 34
- Poksawat, P.,Wang, L.,Mohamed, A. (2016). Automatic tuning of attitude control system for fixed-wing unmanned aerial vehicles In: IET Control Theory and Applications, 10, 2233 - 2242
- Wang, L. (2016). Control design methods with anti-windup mechanism for disturbance rejection and reference following In: Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, 38, 625 - 639
- Guan, R.,Ristic, B.,Wang, L.,Moran, W.,Evans, R. (2016). (In Press) Feature-based robot navigation using a Doppler-azimuth radar In: International Journal of Control, , 1 - 13
- Patel, R.,Wang, L.,Yu, X.,McGrath, B. (2016). Handling communication loss in automatic generation control using MPC In: Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia (ISGT2016), Melbourne, Australia, 28 November - 1 December 2016
- Bil, C.,Zegers, J.,Hazeleger, L.,Wang, L.,Simic, M. (2015). Experimental flight test for autonomous station-keeping of a lighter-than-air vehicle In: Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services, Springer, Cham; Heidelberg; New York; Dordrecht; London
- Patikirikorala, T.,Wang, L.,Colman, A.,Han, J. (2015). Differentiated performance management in virtualized environments using nonlinear control In: IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 12, 101 - 113
- Steenson, L.,Turnock, S.,Phillips, A.,Harris, C.,Furlong, M.,Rogers, E.,Wang, L.,Bodles, K.,Evans, D. (2014). Model predictive control of a hybrid autonomous underwater vehicle with experimental verification In: Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part M: Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment, 228, 166 - 179
- Wang, L.,Gan, L. (2013). Gain scheduled continuous-time model predictive controller with experimental validation on AC machine In: International Journal of Control, 86, 1438 - 1452
- A novel direct drive linear tube generator for ocean wave energy conversion. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- PID Control System with Constraints: Design and Automatic Tuning using MATLAB/Simulink. Funded by: The MathWorks Australia Pty. Ltd Grant from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues. Funded by: Defence Science Institute Grant 2015 from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues (Internship: Robin Guan). Funded by: Defence Science and Technology Organisation Contract from (2016 to 2016)
- Radar Control - Optimal Resource Allocation. Funded by: AOARD Competitive Grant 2015 from (2015 to 2017)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
11 PhD Current Supervisions13 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions
Control systems including kalman filters; PID control; process optimisation system identification; robust control; model predictive control. statistical process monitoring of industrial processes; product quality control with applications to food processes.