- Model Predictive Control
- System Identification
- Robust Control
- Auto-tuning of PI controllers
- Control of AC motors
- Use of subspace methods in identification and model predictive control.
- Systems and Control applications to biomedical research
- Product quality control for food processes
- Soft sensor design for product quality monitoring
- Professor in Control Theory and its applications.
- Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems.
- Teaching of Advanced Control Systems (EEET 2100).
- Teaching of Real Time Estimation and Control (EEET 2221).
- PhD (Sheffield, UK, 1989)
- April 2005 –current, Head of Discipline, Electrical Energy and Control Systems, RMIT University
- Jan 2007- current, Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Jan 2003-December 2006, Associate Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 2002-Dec 2002, Senior Lecturer, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, RMIT University
- Feb 1998-Jan 2002, Senior Lecturer and Research Coordinator, Centre for Integrated Dynamics and Control, University of Newcastle
- Jan 1995-Jan 1998, Adjunct Associate Professor, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- April 1992-Dec 1994, Research Associate, Dept Chemical Engineering, Uni of Toronto, Canada.
- Australian Power Academy
- Advanced Manufacturing CRC
- Wang, L.,Freeman, C.,Rogers, E. (2016). Predictive iterative learning control with experimental validation In: Control Engineering Practice, 53, 24 - 34
- Bil, C.,Zegers, J.,Hazeleger, L.,Wang, L.,Simic, M. (2015). Experimental flight test for autonomous station-keeping of a lighter-than-air vehicle In: Intelligent Interactive Multimedia Systems and Services, Springer, Cham; Heidelberg; New York; Dordrecht; London
- Patikirikorala, T.,Wang, L.,Colman, A.,Han, J. (2015). Differentiated performance management in virtualized environments using nonlinear control In: IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 12, 101 - 113
- Steenson, L.,Turnock, S.,Phillips, A.,Harris, C.,Furlong, M.,Rogers, E.,Wang, L.,Bodles, K.,Evans, D. (2014). Model predictive control of a hybrid autonomous underwater vehicle with experimental verification In: Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part M: Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment, 228, 166 - 179
- Chai, S.,Wang, L.,Rogers, E. (2013). A cascade MPC control structure for a PMSM with speed ripple minimization In: IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 60, 2978 - 2987
- Aziz, M.,Rosmiwati, M.,Wang, L. (2013). Identification of step response estimates utilizing continuous time subspace approach In: Journal of Process Control, 23, 254 - 270
- Wang, L.,Freeman, C.,Chai, S.,Rogers, E. (2013). Predictive-repetitive control with constraints: From design to implementation In: Journal of Process Control, 23, 956 - 966
- Chai, S.,Wang, L.,Rogers, E. (2013). Model predictive control of a permanent magnet synchronous motor with experimental validation In: Control Engineering Practice, 21, 1584 - 1593
- Gawthrop, P.,Wagg, D.,Neild, S.,Wang, L. (2013). Power-constrained intermittent control In: International Journal of Control, 86, 396 - 409
- Wang, L.,Gan, L. (2013). Gain scheduled continuous-time model predictive controller with experimental validation on AC machine In: International Journal of Control, 86, 1438 - 1452
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geomatic Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing, Applied Mathematics
- PID Control System with Constraints: Design and Automatic Tuning using MATLAB/Simulink. Funded by: The MathWorks Australia Pty. Ltd Grant from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues. Funded by: Defence Science Institute from (2016 to 2017)
- Autonomous Search Based on Sparse Cues (Internship: Robin Guan). Funded by: Defence Science and Technology Organisation - Contract Research from (2016 to 2016)
- Radar Control - Optimal Resource Allocation. Funded by: AOARD Competitive Grant - (US Air Force Office of R&D) from (2015 to 2017)
- Application of Chip-Based Radar on Micro-UAS for Obstacle Detection and Avoidance and Other Purposes (DSI student grant for Robin Guan). Funded by: Defence Science Institute Research Higher Degree Grants 2015 from (2015 to 2019)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
13 PhD Completions and 10 Masters by Research Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions
Control systems including kalman filters; PID control; process optimisation system identification; robust control; model predictive control. statistical process monitoring of industrial processes; product quality control with applications to food processes.