RMIT undertakes large, complex and multidisciplinary research projects with support from our industry, government, university and community partners.
We consult closely with our clients to develop tailored and innovative solutions to meet their business needs and rapidly improve productivity. Become a partner and engage with RMIT researchers.
Benefits to business
- Connections to outstanding researchers and key research capabilities
- Links with RMIT’s partner organisations and networks
- Access to collaborative funding schemes through the Australian Research Council to assist the achievement of greater research impact
- Promotion of successful collaborative research outcomes and impact
- Opportunities to invest in Intellectual Property and commercialisation
Services and facilities
In partnering with RMIT, you’ll gain access to cutting edge research facilities and equipment for prototyping, product testing and collaborative research including:
- Advanced Manufacturing Precinct
- MicroNano Research Facility
- Microscopy and Microanalysis Facility
- Rheology and Materials Characterisation Laboratory
- RMIT Design Hub
- RMIT Textile Testing Services
- Virtual Interoperation Laboratory (VXLab)
Institutes, centres and groups
We have four dedicated research institutes representing areas of research excellence and scale:
- RMIT Design Research Institute
- RMIT Global Cities Research Institute
- RMIT Health Innovations Research Institute
- RMIT Platform Technologies Research Institute
RMIT’s 25 research centres address social and technological challenges across a range of disciplines. RMIT hosts the Australian APEC Study Centre and has Australia’s only World Health Organisation accredited Collaboration Centre for Chinese Medicine.
Our research groups take on emerging disciplinary research.
The 2012 Excellence in Research Australia (ERA) assessment results found RMIT was "above" or "well above world standard"' in:
- Communication and media studies
- Human movement and sports science
- Mechanical engineering
- Pharmacology and pharmaceutical sciences
- Urban and regional planning.
Contact the Industry Engagement team to enquire about our services, facilities and research collaboration opportunities.