Our four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research endeavour and reputation. They contribute to global knowledge in our areas of expertise.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
They are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- Climate change, adaptation and urban resilience in the Asia-Pacific 22/10/2014An international workshop hosted at RMIT Vietnam has showcased climate adaptation best practice across the Asia-Pacific.
- VicHealth research proves a winner 21/10/2014RMIT has recognised its top media performers at a special event.
- New technology helps 'gamify' exercise 13/10/2014Researchers have worked with industry to develop an interactive fitness system that quantifies fitness and links exercise with gaming.
- Melbourne Knowledge Week: PERSONA-lise 27/10/2014Unveil your game persona in Persona-lise, a workshop designed for those interested in gamification and understanding how to personalise its approach.
- HIRi Seminar Series - Professor Nigel Bunnett 28/10/2014Professor Bunnett will present new information showing that receptors can signal from the endosomal system to induce pain and inflammation.
- Melbourne Knowledge Week: Exploring the potentials of virtual reality 29/10/2014A presentation on virtual reality and its potentials in architecture, simulations and training.