RMIT’s Research Institutes are making a Global impact in research.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams of academics to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
RMIT’s four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and burgeoning research reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institutes have strong public profiles, continue to grow their linkages with industry and the community and influence policy at all levels in Australia and overseas. Supported by outstanding leadership teams and with access to advanced research infrastructure, they provide the environment for RMIT’s brightest research minds to challenge their thinking.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- The high cost of bad quality data 10/04/2014A new study of the Australian healthcare industry has revealed the impact that inaccurate and inconsistent data can have on patient safety.
- New book details A to Z of assistive technology 01/04/2014A new book by experts in biomedical engineering will provide valuable information to people with reduced abilities.
- RMIT research helps clean up space 26/03/2014RMIT University has signed on to a major new research initiative to help clean up our increasingly cluttered space environment.
- International Workshop on Complex Networks and Applications hosted by PTRI and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS) 30/05/2014This one-day International Workshop is hosted by PTRI and IEEE Circuits and Systems Society (CASS).
- Venom & Toxins: A source of inspiration 08/05/2014Professor Kini will discuss his team's research into toxin structure-function relationships. mechanisms of action and evolution.