Our four Research Institutes are the flagships of RMIT’s research endeavour and reputation. They contribute to global knowledge in our areas of expertise.
Research Institutes bring together multidisciplinary teams to undertake high-impact industry-focussed research to solve complex research questions of national and global significance.
They are the flagships of RMIT’s research culture and reputation. They are creating pathways for leading academics to connect across disciplines and build areas of critical mass in key areas of focussed research.
The Institute develops and funds a new transdisciplinary approach to design research in a terrain at the intersection of education, research and industry.
The Institute brings together key researchers working to understand the complexity of globalising urban settings from provincial centres to mega-cities.
The Institute seeks to better connect the diverse communities around health enterprise to address the changing needs of biomedical research and society.
The Institute leads research in the areas of smart materials and systems, linking new discoveries and emerging technologies to applications.
- Horse racing position cuts drag up to 66 per cent: study 31/10/2014RMIT University researchers have revealed precisely how much different slipstreaming tactics reduce drag on a horse during a race.
- Feathers in flight inspire anti-turbulence technology 28/10/2014Inspired by nature's own anti-turbulence devices - feathers - RMIT University researchers are developing technology to end turbulence on flights.
- Wallet-sized labs the next big thing 27/10/2014RMIT researchers are developing inexpensive, portable toxicology laboratories so small you could fit them in your wallet.
- The Turn Series: The Experiential Turn 12/11/2014Activate your senses for a cross-disciplinary exploration of memory, perception and performance in The Experiential Turn.
- HIRi Seminar Series - Dr Gyorgi Panyi 24/11/2014Dr Panyi will discuss the biochemical, structural and pharmacological features of Vm24, a natural peptide isolated from the Mexican scorpion, Vaejovis mexicanus smithi.
- HIRi Seminar Series- Associate Professor Peter Noakes 25/11/2014Associate Professor Peter Noakes from the University of Queensland will hold a seminar at the Health Innovations Research Institute’s 2014 Seminar Series, a range of discussions which will address key health issues.