List of awards and patents in the SPACE research centre.
- Dr Brett Carter and Dr Jos Campbell have been awarded Victorian Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in 2013
- Professor Kefei Zhang was awarded the Research Excellence Award from RMIT in 2013
- Professor Kefei Zhang was awarded for the highest research income in public sector grants in 2012 at the Platform Technologies Research Institute (PTRI) Planning Day
- Professor Kefei Zhang won $2.8 million Space Research Program project in 2010
- Erjiang Fu was awarded Student Travel Fund at the 2010 OPAC Austria International Conference
- Ming Zhu was awarded Research Student Travel fund from RMIT Graduate School for attending IPIN and LBS international conference
- Suqin Wu received 2008 US ION GNSS Conference Student Paper Competition Awards and Travel Fund
- Ms Sue-Lynn Choy was shortlisted for Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship 2008
- PhD students, Ming Zhu and Erjiang Fu, received 2007 US ION GNSS Conference Student Paper Competition Awards and Travel Fund
- Erjiang Fu was awarded the Best Student Paper at the 2007 CPGPS Conference
- Professor Kefei Zhang was elected as 2007 President of the Chinese Professionals in Global Positioning Systems (CPGPS)
- Professor Kefei Zhang was awarded a “visiting program of outstanding scientist“ programme to Hubei province during 2006 – 2007
- Monitoring sports (USPTO Application No: 20060212271, Class 702188000), Zhang, Kefei and Grenfell, Ron
- Monitoring Sports and Swimming (Australian Application Number: 2006222730, Applicant: SportZco Pty Ltd), Davey, Neil, Grenfell, Ronald, James, Daniel, Mackintosh, Colin, Zhang, Kefei
- Monitoring Sports (Australian Application Number: 2006222732, Applicant: SportZco Pty Ltd), Davey, Neil, Grenfell, Ronald, James, Daniel, Mackintosh, Colin, Zhang, Kefei
- Method of determining a position of a global positioning system receiver, full patent (No.2005220178, application filed on 4 October 2005), co-inventor
- Autonomous real-time GPS (ARTGPS), Australian provisional patent applications (No. 2004906382, 2004) , Zhang, J., Zhang, K. and Grenfell, R
- Monitoring sports, European Patent Office (Patent No. 03769038.5-2318-AU0301430, date of filing - 31 Oct, 2003), Zhang, K. etc.
- Monitoring water sports performance (United States Patent 7272499), Grenfell, Ronald, Zhang, Kefei, Mackintosh, Colin, James, Daniel, Davey, Neil.
- Monitoring Sports (European Patent EP1562680), Grenfell, Ronald, Zhang, Kefei, Mackintosh, Colin, James, Daniel, Davey, Neil.
- Monitoring on water sports, Australian provisional patent applications 2002952407 (filed 1st Nov. 2002) and 2003903123 (filed 23rd June 2003)
- Monitoring sports Method of determining a position of a global positioning receiver, International patent application (application No: WO 2004/039462 A1, application filed in Nov 2002 and June 2003), Grenfell, R., Zhang, K., Mackintosh, C. James, D. and Davey, N.