Check if you are allowed to apply for a government subsidised place.
Victorian State Government legislation deems the following individuals ineligible to apply for a government subsidised place in a vocational education program:
- Anyone who does not meet the standard eligibility criteria and the Victorian Training Guarantee requirements.
- A prisoner within the meaning of the Corrections Act 1986 who is held at any of the following custodial settings:
- Barwon Prison
- Beechworth Correctional Centre
- Dame Phyllis Frost Centre
- Dhurringile Prison
- Hopkins Correctional Centre (Ararat)
- Langi Kal Kal Prison
- Loddon Prison
- Marngoneet Correctional Centre
- Melbourne Assessment Prison
- Tarrengower Prison
- Metropolitan Remand Centre
- Fulham Correctional Centre
- Port Phillip Prison.
- A person who is detained under the Mental Health Act 1986 or the Crimes (Mental Impairment and Unfitness to be Tried) Act 1997 or the Sentencing Act 1991 at the Thomas Embling Hospital.
- A person who is detained (other than on weekend detention) under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 or the Sentencing Act 1991 or who is held on remand in one of the following youth justice facilities:
- Malmsbury Juvenile Justice Centre
- Melbourne Youth Justice Centre
- Parkville Youth Residential Centre.
These exclusions do not apply to individuals on community based orders made under the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, or those who are held in Judy Lazarus Transition Centres as they are transitioning into the community and will have a letter of support.