With a qualification in electrical engineering you can play a key role in the production, distribution and use of electricity.
What is electrical engineering?
- Focuses on applying and controlling electrical energy.
- Is concerned with how electricity is produced and distributed.
- Develops better ways to meet the power demands of society and industry.
What do electrical engineers do?
- Work on systems for the generation, distribution, utilisation and control of electric power systems.
- Drive the transition to alternative and renewable energy sources.
Where do electrical engineers work?
- Electrical supply industry
- Public transport
- Robotics and automation
- Renewable energy
What type of person do I need to be?
A career in electrical engineering may be for you, if you:
- Are a good problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Are interested in making things
- Enjoy subjects such as science, maths and working with computers.