Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
This program offers a range of options to develop your information and communications technology (ICT) skills and knowledge.
You'll apply cutting-edge technology to provide solutions for business, government, health and social services. The program caters to students with a major in IT as well as those with minimal programming experience.
You will learn fundamental and adaptable technical skills that can be applied to a range of platforms, with future-proof knowledge in key areas such as algorithms and analysis, data mining, cloud computing and programming language design.
You will specialise in one of these industry-focused areas:
- big data management
- cloud computing
- mobile computing
- software architecture
- web systems and search technology.
You’ll also have the chance to apply for an industry project at the forefront of technological innovation.
International student visa holders can only study full-time.
RMIT is committed to providing students with an education that strongly links formal learning with workplace experience.
You will learn through a broad mix of study modes including lectures, tutorials, practical classes, project work and seminars using face-to-face, online and other flexible delivery mechanisms.
You will have access to specialised computer laboratories both for use during scheduled classes and outside scheduled class times. These laboratories provide access to a range of computer environments including a variety of database products under different operating systems.
Our industry connections ensure that program content meets the requirements of employers and matches market trends.
You will have the chance to apply to undertake an industry project.
With continuing ICT skills shortages, you’ll be well placed to secure rewarding roles worldwide, whatever your specialisation. With transferrable theoretical and technical skills, you’ll be much sought-after by industry, with careers available in areas including cloud computing, web and mobile app development, eHealth, and emergency services and GPS technology.
Depending on your specialisation possible careers include:
- Big data management
- data analyst; data mining specialist; data centre manager; data quality engineer; knowledge engineer; big data tech lead; database specialist; research analyst; information architect; Hadoop architect/developer; business intelligence expert
- Cloud computing
- cloud solution architect; IaaS architect/developer; SaaS architect/ developer; Hadoop specialist; cloud and big data specialist
- Mobile computing
- Android, iPhone, Windows mobile applications development; mobile games architect/developer; mobile architect/mobile software platform architect; mobile security expert; mobile application tech lead; IT infrastructure manager
- information security specialist; information assurance professional; computer systems auditor; information consultant; information manager, with potential to progress to a role as a researcher in information security
- Software architecture
- business analyst; electronic commerce developer; internet professional; multimedia design; systems design; software design; systems management; applications and analyst programming; senior programmer; software engineer, systems programmer, system architect, IT architect, software architect, or enterprise architect
- Web systems and search technology
- web information architect; web security analyst; web application architect or tech lead, developer; web content manager; webmaster
Professional recognition and accreditation
This program is accredited at the professional level by the Australian Computer Society, which accredits information and communication technology-related programs that are offered by Australian universities, both onshore and offshore.
Program and course information
Get the technical skills to provide technology solutions
Whether new to ICT or with a work or study background, enhance your problem-solving skills and download the technical expertise you need to provide tech solutions in a rapidly changing world.