Sorry, this program is not available for local students.
Please contact Info Corner to discuss other study options.
Sorry, this program is not available for international students intending to study on a student visa.
If you hold a different visa type, you may be eligible. Please contact us for more information.
Melbourne City, Bundoora and Online
This program is now available online.
Find out more
This program prepares you for leadership roles in the management of engineering and technology-based organisations with a program tailored to your individual needs.
You'll develop skills and expertise in a broad range of engineering management practices.
The program's major strengths come from:
- thinking strategically
- addressing problems from a new point of view
- challenging established practices and norms
- developing innovative approaches
- understanding how to manage an ever-changing technology base
- developing a systems approach to problem and/or opportunity definition
It will expose you to real-world issues in the areas of:
- risk and feasibility
- managing innovation
- developing systems thinking approaches
- quality management
- environmental management systems
- cleaner production
- strategic planning
- financial management
- performance management
- international issues
- technology management
Note: 100% online programs do not provide access to Australian student visas.
International student visa holders can only study full-time.
Your learning experiences will contain a broad mix of study modes, including lectures, presentation seminars, tutorials and written assignments. Lectures and tutorials are typically delivered in the evenings throughout each semester with occasional weekend workshops.
Active engagement in class discussions is strongly encouraged, along with small group-based activities.
RMIT University is committed to providing you with an education that strongly links formal learning with professional or vocational practice.
During this program you'll:
- undertake and be assessed on structured activities that allow you to learn, apply and demonstrate your professional or vocational practice
- interact with industry and the community when undertaking these activities
- complete these activities in real or simulated work contexts or situations
Graduates take on management responsibilities in engineering and technology-based enterprises and organisations.
Professional recognition and accreditation
Graduates will meet the requirements for Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level 9.
Program and course information
Get prepared for leadership roles in the engineering industry
You'll gain skills and expertise in a broad range of engineering management practices so you can undertake the management of engineering and technology-based organisations.