Andy is a theoretical physicist, with a background in quantum optics, quantum information and diamond. He works closely with experimental teams worldwide.
He is a Science Theme Leader and Chief Investigator in the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics.
Including the Centre of Excellence, he is co-recipient of more than $25M in category one grant funding.
Research highlights include the discovery of a new form of quantum transport in solid-state systems, the prediction of new quantum phases of light, and co-invention of a new method of fabricating diamond nanostructures that led to creation of the thinnest layers of single crystal diamond manufactured.
- PHYS2123 – Modern Physics;
- PHYS2122 – Mechanics;
- ONPS2495 – Science Fiction, Science Fact; and
- PHYS2074 – Photonics and Nuclear Physics.
He is also the HDR coordinator for Physics.
BSc, BSc (Hons) Adel, PhD ANU, MAIP, FinstP
Andy is a member of the Australian Institute of Physics (AIP), and was Honorary Secretary to the National Executive of the AIP from 2010-2013. He was elected a Fellow of the Institute of Physics in 2012.
- Reineck, P.,Capelli, M.,Lau, D.,Jeske, J.,Field, M.,Ohshima, T.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B. (2017). Bright and photostable nitrogen-vacancy fluorescence from unprocessed detonation nanodiamond In: Nanoscale, 9, 497 - 502
- Jeske, J.,Lau, D.,Vidal, X.,McGuinness, L.,Reineck, P.,Johnson, B.,Doherty, M.,McCallum, J.,Onoda, S.,Jelezko, F.,Ohshima, T.,Volz, T.,Cole, J.,Gibson, B.,Greentree, A. (2017). Stimulated emission from nitrogen-vacancy centres in diamond In: Nature Communications, 8, 1 - 8
- Jeske, J.,Cole, J.,Greentree, A. (2016). Laser threshold magnetometry In: New Journal of Physics, 18, 1 - 9
- Greentree, A. (2016). Nanodiamonds in Fabry-Perot cavities: A route to scalable quantum computing In: New Journal of Physics, 18, 21002 - 21002
- Menchon-Enrich, R.,Benseny, A.,Ahufinger, V.,Greentree, A.,Busch, T.,Mompart, J. (2016). Spatial adiabatic passage: a review of recent progress In: Reports on Progress in Physics, 79, 1 - 31
- Fox, K.,Tran, P.,Lau, D.,Ohshima, T.,Greentree, A.,Gibson, B. (2016). Nanodiamond-polycaprolactone composite: A new material for tissue engineering with sub-dermal imaging capabilities In: Materials Letters, 185, 185 - 188
- Maksymov, I.,Greentree, A. (2016). Plasmonic nanoantenna hydrophones In: Scientific Reports, 6, 1 - 12
- Devitt, S.,Greentree, A.,Stephens, A.,Van Meter, R. (2016). High-speed quantum networking by ship In: Scientific Reports, 6, 1 - 7
- Batey, C.,Jeske, J.,Greentree, A. (2015). Dark state adiabatic passage with branched networks and high-spin systems: Spin separation and entanglement In: Frontiers in ICT, 2, 1 - 7
- Wilkinson, S.,Greentree, A. (2015). Geometrogenesis under quantum graphity: Problems with the ripening universe In: Physical Review D (Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology), 92, 1 - 7
- Maintaining and enhancing merit-based access to the NCI National Facility - Administered by The Australian National University. Funded by: ARC Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) 2016 from (2016 to 2018)
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Nanoscale BioPhotonics - Administered by University of Adelaide. Funded by: ARC Centre of Excellence via other University Grant 2014 from (2014 to 2021)
- National Facility for Cryogenic Photonics. Administered by University of Sydney. Funded by: ARC LIEF via other University from (2014 to 2014)
- Interacting quantum systems: from solid-state theory to practical photonic platforms. Funded by: ARC Discovery Projects 2013 from (2013 to 2015)
- Next generation of extrusion capability for the fabrication of advanced photonic structures. Administered by University of Adelaide.. Funded by: ARC Linkage Infrastructure Equipment and Facilities (LIEF) Grant from (2013 to 2014)
2 PhD Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions