Pave your own path at RMIT. We have a range of engineering programs designed to help you reach your goals. Choose the option that suits you best.
There’s more than one way to reach your goal. Study the Associate Degree in Engineering Technology, or a range of Advanced Diploma programs. They’re shorter programs than a bachelor degree, but they really pack a punch.
With smaller class sizes and more one-on-one time with teachers, you’ll get up to speed quickly for your engineering future.
You’ll gain practical experience and theory and a range of skills that can take you almost anywhere. It can help fast-track you into a relevant bachelor degree, or get you into the workforce quicker.
Associate Degree in Engineering Technology
The Associate Degree in Engineering Technology is a 2 year program. In the first year, you’ll learn the general principles of engineering. During your second year, you can choose from 1 of 7 major areas of study including:
- Advanced manufacturing and mechatronics
- Aerospace engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer and network engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Sustainable systems engineering
Successful completion of this Associate Degree with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 guarantees entry into a relevant bachelor degree with 2 years credit (equivalent to 192 credit points).
Advanced Diplomas in Engineering
You may choose to study a 2-year advanced diploma of engineering, in a range of disciplines. These programs are a great fit if you’d like to focus on a specific discipline from the start.
Most advanced diploma programs in engineering do not require specific prerequisites.
Completion of an advanced diploma can offer up to 18 months credit towards a bachelor degree if you are successful in gaining a place.
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Design
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology - Electrical
- Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Mechanical)
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Aeronautical)
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology
Engineering pathway success stories?
?Read about our students who have undertaken a pathway ?in engineering from an advanced diploma or associate degree to a degree program.