Appeals for international students
You can lodge an appeal directly with RMIT against one of the following decisions:
- Leave of absence outcome
- Request for release (transfer education provider) if you meet the eligibility criteria requirements
- Attendance requirements (for VCE & Foundation Studies students only)
- Amending study duration (eCoE request)
Information on appealing another matter can be found here.
You must remain enrolled and attend all classes as normal until the appeal outcome is known.
To lodge an appeal, you must complete the form within 20 working days of the notice of RMIT’s decisions. Strict timelines apply for appeals.
As part of this process you need to:
- provide new relevant supporting evidence AND
- clearly demonstrate that your circumstances are compassionate and/or compelling
- for transfer provider applications you must also meet the eligibility criteria requirements.
For assistance in writing an appeal, please contact a Student Support Advisor.
You will be notified in writing (via student email) of RMIT University’s decision regarding these matters.
Status & Details
RMIT International Compliance (IACRR)
In accordance with
National Code 2018