If you're lodging an appeal, it's important that you use the correct appeals form below to comply with the University’s policies and procedures.
- Adjustment to an assessment, following an application for:
- Assessment outcomes, concerning:
- Academic progress, which has led to:
- notification of the intention to exclude you from a program
- termination of a higher degree by research candidature
- being identified by a program assessment board as first stage ‘at risk’
- a Higher Degree by Research candidate being identified by their school, college or the School of Graduate Research as first stage ‘at risk’ (form pending).
- College Appeals Committee decisions.
How to lodge an appeal
Follow the instructions on the appeals form. Different forms may have different instructions, including deadlines for appeal submissions.
Assistance and advice
Need help with your appeal? Use the contacts below.
University Appeals Committee Secretariat
tel. +61 3 9925 8846
tel. +61 3 9925 8862
tel. +61 3 9925 8964
College Appeals Committee Secretariats
Tel. +61 3 9925 5680
Design and Social Context
Tel. +61 3 9925 2967
Science, Engineering and Health
Tel. +61 3 9925 9780
RMIT Student Union
The RMIT Student Union employs professional advocates who can give you advice and assistance with appeals. This is a free service for all RMIT students. If you wish to use this service, you are encouraged to make an appointment as soon as possible.