Student accident insurance
Coverage under this policy is confined to accidents which are described as “an unforeseen events resulting in injury.” The policy provides no coverage for sickness or pre-existing injury.
This policy has been purchased from Accident and Health International Pty Ltd. Should you have any queries regarding the coverage provided, the completion of a claim form or an existing claim please contact RMIT Insurance department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of cover
The following coverage provided by the policy shall only apply while an insured person is on campus and/or engaged in university/course/sport related activities and/or practical placement or community activities authorised by the University including direct and uninterrupted travel to and from such activities and provided such travel excludes everyday travel to and from the University.
- Non Medicare medical expenses (Medical expenses that are not subject to full or partial rebate from Medicare. See the insurance policy for full details). Excess $50.
- Overseas medical expenses as a result of sustaining an injury
- Death benefits
- Permanent total disablement
- Weekly benefits
- Domestic help/child minding
- Surgical benefits
- Bed care patients
- Home tutorial benefit
- HECS and/or post graduate fees
- Injury assistance benefit
- Modification benefit
How to make a claim
- Read the insurance policy to ensure your claim is covered by the policy
- Print out the claim form
- Complete all relevant sections of the claim form
- Have your doctor complete section four “Attending Physicians Statement”
- Receipts must be provided for all expenses being claimed
- Send completed claim form and supporting documentation to the insurer’s claims department nominated on the claim form.