Extensions of time for submission of assessable work
What is an extension of time for submission of assessable work?
If you are prevented from submitting an assessment on time, by circumstances outside your control, you may apply in advance for an extension to the due date of up to seven calendar days.
Where an extension of greater than seven days is needed, you must apply for special consideration.
However, if you have an equitable assessment arrangement which provides for negotiation of submission dates with relevant academic/teaching staff, extensions of more than seven days may be considered.
- See Adjustments to assessment to find out whether an extension of time for submission of assessable work is the right type of assessment adjustment for your circumstances.
How to apply
- If you are seeking an extension of seven calendar days or less (from the original due date) you must apply at least one working day before the assessment deadline.
- Complete an Application for extension of time for submission of assessable work form (PDF 41kb 2p) and lodge it with the RMIT school that runs the course.
- Lodgment arrangements can vary according to individual school procedures. It is your responsibility to check whether the form should be lodged with the School Administrative Officer, Course Coordinator (Higher Education), Program Manager (VET) or the teaching staff member who will mark the assessment.
- Except in exceptional circumstances the application must be lodged no later than one working day before the official due date.