If you're an elite or emerging athlete or sportsperson, RMIT can help you achieve your goals - on the pitch and in the classroom.
As well as financial assistance, you'll receive personalised academic advice, as well as specialised support and guidance tailored to your unique needs.
RMIT's Elite Athlete Program helps over 200 student athletes each year to successfully balance the extra demands of elite sport with the day-to-day challenges of university life.
We understand that elite athletes require extra support, so we offer two categories of support for elite athletes, plus financial incentives to represent RMIT at the Australian University Games.
RMIT's Elite Athlete Program is being revamped for 2019 with extra financial help available, as well as even more assistance with your academic and personal needs.
To find out more about the new program and how it can help you maximise your performance in sport and study email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an elite or emerging athlete?
1) Are you an elite athlete or coach with one of the following organisations?
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institutes or Academies of Sport
- AFL Players Association
- Australian Cricketers’ Association
- Rugby Union Players’ Association
- Rugby League Professionals’ Association
- Australian Professional Footballers Australia.
2) Have you been selected at national level in the final squad of an Australian Sports Commission recognised and funded sport?
If you answer 'yes' to both questions, you may be eligible for:
- financial support to attend a national or international sport competition
- flexible study assistance.
1) Are you a national squad member from an Australian Sports Commission recognised but unfunded sport?
2) Have you been selected and represented in a national level league?
Note: we require you to be selected as an individual athlete (not as a member of a team) by the relevant state or national sporting organisation.
If you answer 'yes' to both questions, you may be eligible for financial support to attend a national or international sport competition.
Read this before you apply
- If you are eligible for assistance, it's for the calendar year you have applied. You can reapply the following year, if needed.
- We only offer financial support to competitors (not coaches) and amateurs (not professionals).
- We unfortunately can't offer financial support post competition.
- Flexible study assistance may include help with enrolment, timetabling, attendance and assessment, and alternate exam arrangements. This includes course deferral, leave of absence, adapted study load to suit sporting commitments, flexibility around meeting minimum course requirements, renegotiation of deadlines and external exams scheduled interstate or overseas.
Recipients of RMIT Sport Awards 2016
Catherine Skinner, Ashleigh McConnell, Victoria Mentoa, Monique Murphy (photo: Koby Hagenfelds)