The abbreviations indicate the type of class or activity.
- TUT Tutorial – a group activity where students discuss class reading or other learning content shared through Canvas
- PRA Practical – an activity generally scheduled in a laboratory in which students learn by practicing or applying course material in a hands-on manner
- WRK Workshop – an activity similar to a tutorial but with the addition of a practical component in a non-specialist location
- LTL Lectorial – a large tutorial that includes presentation from teachers or guest speakers complemented by collaborative and workshop activities
- LEC Lecture – higher education (HE) courses at RMIT do NOT include lectures, however some vocational education (VE/TAFE) courses do. See the I can't see lectures in myTimetable FAQ for more information.