At the time of enrolment all RMIT students must agree to the following statements, which together comprise the Statement of student responsibilities:
I understand that RMIT will engage with me:
- via my RMIT student email account, or
- by post to my current mailing address, or
- by SMS, and
- to my personal email account for all graduation information
I will regularly check and read all University
I will keep my personal information, like contact details (including personal email, mobile phone number, emergency contact details and, current mailing address), up-to-date during my enrolment and any approved leave.
The information I provided at enrolment is up to date and I will correct any errors made during the enrolment process.
I will follow the University regulations and policies, the published requirements of my program and any information given to me about my enrolment. I have read the Program guide and course guides for the program I am enrolling into.
I understand that RMIT is allowed to cancel or amend my enrolment if I don’t follow the guidelines in this statement.
Fees and Payments
I understand that I need to:
- know what my current fees and due dates are by checking my online account and tax invoices in Enrolment Online
- understand my options for paying my tuition fees, including the option to take out a HELP loan or VET Student Loan if I am eligible
- pay my fees on time
- be aware of the penalties (see below) that apply if I don’t pay on time including that:
○ I will be a debtor and I won’t be able to enrol, add classes, obtain a transcript of results or a Statement of Academic Completion, or receive an award until the debt is paid in full.
○ RMIT is allowed to cancel my enrolment due to non-payment.
I understand that RMIT is allowed to provide my details to an external agent for debt collection.
I understand that before I accept Commonwealth assistance I must log in to the government portal to read the government booklet for my HELP loan or VET Student Loan and be aware of my obligations.
Where appropriate, I authorise RMIT University to:
- obtain details of my past results from other educational institutions and professional bodies;
- release my trade enrolment academic and attendance records to the apprentice authorities and to my employer (if applicable);
- reproduce, communicate, compare and archive my assessments for the purpose of detecting plagiarism
I will take personal responsibility for my behaviour and commit to the university’s core values outlined in the Student Charter to act fairly, honestly, courteously and with integrity as a member of the RMIT community.
I acknowledge and agree to the terms described in the RMIT privacy statement and this Statement of student responsibilities.