What is peer mentoring?
Peer mentoring matches you with a student mentor who has previously completed, and gotten high grades in, your course. Mentors complete training so they can help and support students with coursework and learning. Peer mentoring is free to RMIT students.
What can peer mentors help with?
- get a better understanding of your course content and assessment tasks
- build your study and learning skills
- improve your grades
- prepare for exams
- use computer software including Excel, MYOB, MS Project, SPSS, MATLAB, Catia, 3DExperience
- with coding in Python, Java, C++
- Build your network and have fun!
What peer mentors don't do
- work directly on assignments or assessable material
- read your assignments
- give you the answer
Current peer mentoring programs
What students say about peer mentoring: