Become a peer mentor
What are the benefits of becoming a peer mentor?
- Develop your communication skills
- Gain leadership skills and a sense of satisfaction as you see mentees grow in confidence
- Consolidate your own knowledge of the subject
- Make your resume more attractive to potential employers - peer mentoring helps you develop the key skills employers are looking for
- Assist other students who need your help
- Opportunities for further skills development, such as RMIT Micro-Credentials.
- Enjoy being part of the peer mentoring community
- Build your social network and make new friends
What are the requirements of becoming a peer mentor?
- You need to have achieved a 75 or above for the course you wish to mentor in
- You need to attend a training session before you begin mentoring
How do I become a peer mentor?
If you achieved a 75 or above in a peer mentoring supported course, you will receive an invite via your student email several months before semester starts. If you haven’t received an invite, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org After registering, you will be invited to training and other peer mentoring social activities.