Share drives unavailable Saturday 18 July
Network storage used by students and staff will be unavailable on Saturday 18 July, from 8:00am to 8:00pm AEST, due to planned technical works to consolidate space at Port Melbourne Data Centre (PMDC).
What does this mean for you during this time?
- myDesktop virtual desktop:
- Desktop access will be possible, but files will not be available, and applications may not launch as expected.
- No access to the University (K: drive) shared storage
- No access to your student sNumber network storage
Log in using your RMIT ID (the letter 's' followed by your student number) and password. Forgotten your password? Reset it via the Password assistance page.
What is myDesktop?
With myDesktop, there’s something for everyone – from Microsoft Word and MYOB to AutoCAD. Simply log in from any laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile and see what’s available on demand.
- Log in to your RMIT desktop and work from your laptop, mobile or tablet
- Access your files and software from anywhere
- Access applications approved for your course
- Print documents direct from your device
You can use myDesktop to access your network drive and print or even finish work that you started on campus, because the best part of myDesktop is that you can use it anywhere there’s an internet connection. So no matter what device you’re using, your apps and files are always within easy reach – on campus or off.
Adobe Creative Cloud no longer available in myDesktop
The Adobe Creative Cloud is no longer licensed for students in myDesktop. If you need to access the Adobe Creative Cloud on your personal device, please ask your Course Coordinator to request this from ITS on your behalf.