The Ngarara Willim Centre is a community of staff and students who are here to help you throughout your education journey. For future students, we can arrange information events on campus or in your community. We also welcome you to get in touch with us via phone, email or by visiting a Ngarara Willim Centre space on campus to meet the team and have a yarn.
We have dedicated team members to help you with program advice, applying to study, accessing scholarships and accommodation, navigating enrolment and more. RMIT offers vocational and higher education programs, so there’s pathways available and opportunities to transition into further study into postgraduate and research programs.
Helping you become an RMIT student
Indigenous Access Program
The Indigenous Access Program helps Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with entry into RMIT vocational and higher education programs via an interview process.
The Ngarara Willim Centre and RMIT University offer a wide range of scholarships to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to further their personal and academic success. Scholarships are available for:
- Accommodation in purpose-built student housing close to campus for up to 3 years (download the Accommodation flyer for more information)
- Relocation and living expenses
- Study expenses like program fees, textbooks, study materials and technology
- Professional development activities relating to your area of study
Help once you are an RMIT student
Once you are an RMIT student, the Ngarara Willim Centre offers a ranch of support services to help you succeed in your studies including:
- Gama-dji Orientation Program – Ngarara Willim Centre provide our own orientation program to new and commencing students
- Facilities on campus – Ngarara Willim spaces at City, Brunswick and Bundoora campuses
- Ngarara Willim tutoring – Academic tutoring and resources to support your study
The Ngarara Willim Centre can also connect you with other RMIT services including:
- Job and career advice
- Career mentoring
- Study support
- Global study and work opportunities
- Equitable Learning Services (support for students with a disability, long term illness or mental health condition)
- RMIT University Student Union (RUSU)
- CareerTrackers Internships (not RMIT-affiliated)
Outreach and community engagement
Ngarara Willim Centre runs events and activities on campus and out in community so future students can learn more about tertiary study and RMIT. We hold information sessions in community, on campus days, university experience activities and camps. We also work with many community organisations to build relationships and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We encourage schools, community groups, community organisations and families to contact us for further information or to arrange an event.
- Study at RMIT flyer (PDF download)
- Scholarships flyer (PDF download)
- Accommodation flyer (PDF download)
- Gama-dji Orientation flyer (PDF download)
- Tutoring flyer (PDF download)
- Deadly Alumni flyer (PDF download)
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter
- Purchase a Ngarara Willim Centre face mask