While we aim to provide assistance to as many students as possible, we usually cannot offer ongoing assistance in individual cases. We do not provide court representation but can offer appropriate referrals.
We also specifically do not assist with:
- Legal matters against RMIT (see RUSU Student Rights)
- Legal matters against other RMIT students
- Related matters where the service had previously acted for the other party
- Property law (e.g. conveyancing)
- Commercial law (e.g. setting up a business)
- Migration law
- Family law (e.g. arrangements for children, property settlements, child protection matters)
- Intellectual property (e.g. trademark or copyright law)
- Academic matters
For legal matters we cannot help with, please contact the Victorian Legal Aid Helpline on 1300 792 387.