Government and community financial support

Find out about government and community financial support services that may be available to you.

Centrelink is a government organisation that provides financial assistance to eligible students. You may be eligible for:

  • Ask Izzy Community Services – connects you with emergency material aid including food, housing and crisis support in your postcode area
  • Moneysmart urgent help with money – get help if you're in crisis or struggling to make ends meet
  • If you would like to learn how to budget and better manage your money, you can book an appointment with an RMIT Student Welfare Advisor to discuss money management, budgeting and building your financial literacy.

    RMIT students can also enrol in the free Know Your Money Mindset microcredential.

    The following external resources may also be helpful:


    Need help?

    If you need assistance understanding what financial supports you may be eligible for, please book a free financial welfare advice appointment.

    aboriginal flag
    torres strait flag

    Acknowledgement of Country

    RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business - Artwork 'Luwaytini' by Mark Cleaver, Palawa.