Apply to graduate
How to apply
Step 1. Check your eligibility
There are different eligibility requirements depending on your program, where you're studying and whether you want to attend a ceremony.
OUA student? Read this first.
Step 2. Choose your graduation option
Decide whether you want to graduate at a ceremony or in absentia*.
*Students who apply to graduate in absentia in 2020 and 2021 will also be invited to a 2021 ceremony (excluding SIM, Vietnam and SUIBE ceremonies).
If you apply to graduate at a ceremony, you won’t graduate or get access to your Testamur/VE Qualification Statement until your chosen ceremony.
Step 3. Log in and apply
Need help with your login? See bottom of page for details.
Once logged in:
- Go to My Student Record > Graduation details > Apply to graduate/Change graduation option.
- Follow the instructions to select your graduation option and complete your application.
After you've applied, you can continue to log in to change your graduation option and other details until the deadline.
Step 4. Check your personal email and contact details are up-to-date
Check that your personal details are correct, including your personal email address. We’ll send all further communications about graduation to your personal* email, not your RMIT student email.
To view and update your details log in to Enrolment Online then select Update my details.
*If you're studying at the Singapore Institute of Management (SIM), the email will be sent to your SIM campus email account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Transfer your emails and course materials from RMIT systems
Once you graduate, RMIT is legally required to deactivate your student email account and cancel your access to RMIT systems. Unless you’re continuing your studies, you’ll lose access to all RMIT systems 24-48 hours after you graduate.
Please save any information stored in your student email or on RMIT systems to your own personal device or cloud storage.
If you don't apply to graduate...
Need help with your login?
If you can't remember your student number, contact RMIT Connect.
Not sure what your password is?
If you stopped studying at RMIT:
- less than 6 months ago - you can use your current password. If you can’t remember your password, go to Password assistance to reset it or contact RMIT Connect.
- more than 6 months ago - your password will most likely be expired. Go to Password assistance to reset it or contact RMIT Connect.
- prior to 2012 - log in using your initial password. Go to Password assistance for details.