Changes to Graduation in 2020
In light of COVID-19, and with the health and safety of the RMIT community in mind, we have made the decision to cancel or defer the following 2020 Graduation ceremonies.
- Doctoral Degrees Graduation Ceremony (15 May 2020)
- SUIBE Graduation Ceremony (13 June 2020)
- UPH Graduation Ceremony (Originally 20 March 2020, postponed to 19 June 2020, now cancelled)
- Kaplan Graduation Ceremony (9 October 2020)
- Hong Kong Graduation Ceremonies (11 October 2020)
- Melbourne Graduation Ceremony (16 December 2020)
- SIM Graduation Ceremonies (19-21 August 2020, postponed to Monday 23 August - Friday 27 August 2021)
- Vietnam Graduation Ceremonies (1-2 & 4 December, postponed to 29-30 March & 1 April 2021)
You'll find more details about each ceremony below, including any action you need to take.
Graduate in absentia
*Excluding SIM, Vietnam and SUIBE students.
The Graduation 2020 process
Only applicable to 2020 graduates, excluding SIM, Vietnam and SUIBE students, in response to cancelled 2020 ceremonies due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Students who have a debt to RMIT are not able to graduate or receive their testamur/VE Qualification Statement until this is cleared.
Melbourne Graduation Ceremony
In light of ongoing uncertainty around COVID-19 restrictions, the Melbourne Graduation Ceremony and Graduation Parade have been cancelled.
If you’re completing your program in 2020, your award will be conferred (you’ll graduate) in absentia at the end of the month that your school marks you as complete from your program. You’ll also be invited to celebrate your achievements with your classmates, friends and family at a 2021 ceremony.
We know that graduation is a huge milestone, and we'll still be celebrating with you in 2020. We're currently planning the events and activities that will take place instead of the 2020 Melbourne Graduation Ceremony and Parade. Check in regularly to our Graduation page for updates.
Ceremonies outside Australia
2021 Doctoral Degrees ceremony (Melbourne)
Who can attend?
|All doctoral students|
Date and Time
|3pm Friday 14 May 2021|
|Storey Hall, RMIT City Campus|
|Friday 19 March 2021|
Cultural and religious practices
RMIT University acknowledges cultural and religious practices and will respect requests for non-contact protocols to be put in place for Graduations, Celebratory and Ceremonial Events.