Changes to Graduation in 2020
In light of COVID-19, and with the health and safety of the RMIT community in mind, we have made the decision to cancel or defer the following 2020 Graduation ceremonies.
- Doctoral Degrees Graduation Ceremony (15 May 2020)
- SUIBE Graduation Ceremony (13 June 2020)
- UPH Graduation Ceremony (Originally 20 March 2020, postponed to 19 June 2020, now cancelled)
- Kaplan Graduation Ceremony (9 October 2020)
- Hong Kong Graduation Ceremonies (11 October 2020)
- Melbourne Graduation Ceremony (16 December 2020)
- SIM Graduation Ceremonies (19-21 August 2020, postponed to 20-22 January 2021)
- Vietnam Graduation Ceremonies (1-2 & 4 December, postponed to 29-30 March & 1 April)
You'll find more details about each ceremony below, including any action you need to take.
Graduate in absentia
Hard copy academic statements now available
The processing of hard copy academic statements has resumed. There'll be a delay in our services while we work to process all orders. Thank you for your patience during this time. If you have any questions about academic statements, please contact email@example.com.
Melbourne Graduation Ceremony
In light of ongoing uncertainty around COVID-19 restrictions, the Melbourne Graduation Ceremony and Graduation Parade have been cancelled. You may choose to graduate at the 2021 Melbourne Graduation Ceremony or graduate in absentia.
We know that graduation is a huge milestone, and we'll still be celebrating with you in 2020. We're currently planning the events and activities that will take place instead of the Melbourne Graduation Ceremony and Parade. Check in regularly to our Graduation page for updates.
Ceremonies outside Australia
2021 Melbourne Doctoral Degrees ceremony
Who can attend?
|All doctoral students|
Date and Time
|3pm Friday 14 May 2021|
|Storey Hall, RMIT City Campus|
|Friday 19 March 2021|
Cultural and religious practices
RMIT University acknowledges cultural and religious practices and will respect requests for non-contact protocols to be put in place for Graduations, Celebratory and Ceremonial Events.
If you don't apply to graduate
If you don’t apply to graduate within three months from the day your school confirms your completion, you’ll automatically graduate in absentia.