RMIT Archives commenced in November 1995. Our role is to:
- manage a comprehensive archival collection
- oversee access to records collections
- provide a reference service in order to satisfy administrative, academic and research needs
- develop strategies for the capture, preservation and transfer of permanent records to RMIT Archives from all areas of the University
- develop services to the University that facilitate best practice archiving and records management, irrespective of record formats and media
Our services comply with record keeping standards of the Public Record Office Victoria (PROV) and the International Standard for Information and Documentation - Records Management (ISO 15489-1).