In case of an emergency, call the relevant Emergency Service (Police, Ambulance or Fire Brigade) and then contact RMIT Security.
RMIT Security Emergency: 9925 3333
First aid and medical assistance
Where an incident involves personal injury:
- Attend to the injured person. First Aid kits are located in the Makerspace.
- Report the incident to the nearest Makerspace staff (our staff are trained in First Aid).
- Call an Ambulance on 000 and RMIT Security, if necessary.
You must report all accidents, injuries or near-misses immediately, no matter how small they are.
The Makerspace staff will investigate each incident and remove the related hazards. If the incident is serious, the site should, where practicable, remain untouched until the investigation has been completed.
Emergencies and evacuations
Familiarise yourself with emergency procedures, including the nearest evacuation routes and emergency assembly areas.
If there is an emergency or evacuation, listen carefully to directions issued over the loudspeakers and follow instructions from the Makerspace staff. When you hear:
Beep Beep: turn off equipment and prepare to evacuate.
Whoop Whoop: evacuate the building and go to the assembly area.
During the evacuation:
- follow the directions of RMIT wardens
- do not use lifts
- do not re-enter the building until directed to do so.